The sites below are for
general homework reference information. For specific projects,
looking at that subject page. (Example:
for science experiments, look at the Science
- AskMN - Get help from a librarian at this
online service available to all Minnesota residents and students
- Britannica Online - Encyclopaedia Britannica's online reference
- ClassBrain.com - Provides students, teachers, and parents
with quick access to information and educational tools on the
Internet. Allows Google searches of ClassBrain or the web. A
good source for state reports and other homework assignments.
- Cramberry - Create online flash card sets, then
study them. Cramberry tracks your progress, and shows you cards
you're having trouble with more often. Also includes access to
thousands of sets made by other Cramberry users.
Resources for Kids and Teens
- databases purchased for or developed by the Duluth Public Library.
- Enchanted Learning.com - Try this site if you need information
for a report or if you just want to know more about animals,
bugs, inventors, or other topics. Also includes activities and
information for preschoolers and kindergartners.
- FactMonster - Did you ever wonder when women start wearing
dresses and men start wearing pants? This site has the answer
and lots of other fun information. Also good information on science,
states and countries, math and more.
- Google Directory: School Time - A Google directory of activities,
resources and educational sites for kids and teens.
- High School Ace
- Online academic resources for high school students. Features
a reference desk, college information, and subject guides for
English, mathematics, social studies, science, global languages,
arts, and technology.
- Internet Public Library Youth Division - Internet resources and sites selected
for children ages 4-11, their parents, and teachers.
- Kid Info
- An easy-to-use homework reference site with subject links to
lots of good websites. Also allows keyword searches.
Online Dictionary - Search
a dictionary or thesaurus. Also provides audio pronunciation.
- Multnomah County Public Library Homework
Center - A complete librarian-selected
homework site. An excellent resource.
- New York Times Learning
Network: Student Connections, Grades 6-12 - news summaries for the day, crossword puzzles,
a selective guide to the Internet, and more.
- Online Conversion.com - online calculators, conversion tools, measurements
- Owl Online Writing Lab - A guide to grammar, punctuation and
spelling. Includes PowerPoint presentations on grammar, downloadable
handouts, and resources for English as a second language learners.
- Refdesk.com - Links to lots of useful sites for
- Social Issues - A web site created for middle and high school
students researching current social issues from multiple perspectives.
Prepared by Multnomah County Library, Oregon.
- Thesaurus.com - Find words and their synonyms and
- World Almanac for Kids - Tons of fun facts and important information.
Also includes games and contests for kids.
Digital Library - An
important resource offering significant primary materials from
countries and cultures around the world.
- Zoom School by Enchanted Learning - Zoom School is an on-line elementary
classroom with fascinating lessons in geography, biology, language
arts, and early childhood activities. Scan the Geologic Time
Chart to see Earth's changes in the last 4 billion years. Explore
the human brain and all its functions. View the Great Wall of
China from space. Print books for early readers. Recommended
for grades K-3.
Duluth Public Library, 520 W. Superior St., Duluth MN