Click for: Math
activities for preschoolers
Math - Improve your math
skills by using games, flash cards or worksheets.
Math - Hundreds of pages
of math skills for students K-8. Includes explanations of math
topics, interactive practices, and challenge games.
- Algebra: An Introduction for Kids - An introduction to algebra that includes
graphics and quizzes to help you understand the concepts.
- CuriousMath.com - Fun tricks and rules for calculating
certain kinds of math problems. To use this site, click on a
topic under "Resources" on the menu. You do not have
- Escape from Knab - Earthlings who land on the planet Knab (bank
spelled backward) can escape by saving $10,000 for the ticket
home. They'll need to get a job, budget their monthly expenditures,
manage their savings and mortgage payments, write checks, and
use credit cards. For kids in grades 4-8.
This! - Were you born
on a Monday? This site shows you how to figure it out, and has
lots of other fun math challenges for kids and families.
Kids - Improve your money
smarts with games that let you play the stock market, manage
your own sports team, make change for a customer, and more. Recommended
for kids in grades 5-10.
- KidsBank.com - A fun place for children to learn
about money and banking. Recommended for grades 3-7.
Math Forum: Ask Dr. Math
- A question and answer service for students and teachers, organized
by grade level and topic.
- Math in Daily Life - A web site that helps you understand how "numbers
affect everyday decisions". Includes examples of how numbers
are used in cooking, deciding to buy or lease a car, or invest
your money. For middle school students, high school students,
and their parents.
Mint - A web site for
middle school and high school students. Information on investing
in the stock market, starting a business, creating a budget,
- Help for students learning the times tables. The site uses
both traditional and new methods for learning how to multiply,
and includes computer games that can be downloaded, Internet
games, and games to play at home.
- Online Conversion.com - Online Calculators, Conversion Tools, Measurements
Bridges - a list of sites.
- Visual Fractions.com - A site for those who like working with fractions,
or need help figuring them out.
- Webmath.com - Need help solving a math problem?
This site has over 100 instant-answer, self-help, problem solvers
ready for you to try.
activities for preschoolers and parents:
Duluth Public Library, 520 W. Superior St., Duluth, MN