Click for: Minnesota
- Biography File Index - This index lists the names of people included
in the Duluth Public Library's Biography Files. The Biography
Files contain information, mostly in the form of newspaper or
magazine articles, on people who have had some connection to
Duluth or Minnesota. Contents of the files can range from one
brief article to many articles and other pieces of information.
Developed and maintained by Duluth Public Library staff.
- Campus Neighbors
- A community action group working to maintain and promote healthy
relationships between residents and students living together
in the neighborhoods around the college and university campuses
- City of Duluth
- the City of Duluth's official website.
- City of Duluth - Permits - Information about required Duluth
- City of Duluth - Unified Development
Chapter - The official
body of rules and regulations to guide land use and development
in the City of Duluth. Contains the city's zoning and subdivision
- Clayton, Jackson, McGhie Memorial - Information about the memorial and
the story behind it.
- Datanet--Duluth City - Profiles of general demographic characteristics
for the city of Duluth from the 2000 census.
- DECC -
Information about events going on at the Duluth Entertainment
and Convention Center, including the Omnimax Theatre, and the
William A. Irvin.
Depot - Officially known
as the St. Louis County Heritage and Arts Center, this building
houses three museums, including the famous Lake Superior Museum
of Transportation, and four performing arts organizations.
Area Chamber of Commerce
- Duluth Area Obituary
Index - Names and dates
for obituaries printed in the Duluth News-Tribune and Duluth
- Duluth Convention & Visitors Bureau - links to special events, general area
information, lodging and weather.
- Duluth History Blog
- interesting information about Duluth's past, written by Duluth
Public Library reference librarians.
- Duluth Legislative Code and City Charter - A searchable database maintained by
Municipal Code Corporation for informational purposes only. Updated
approximately twice a year.
- Duluth Lynchings Online Resource - "A collection of historical documents
relating to the tragic events of June 15, 1920."
Newspaper Index - A subject
index to articles of regional (northeastern Minnesota and northwestern
Wisconsin) interest that were published in the Duluth News-Tribune
and the Duluth Herald. Choose from articles published
from 1893-1929 or from 1988-1995. Information on purchasing photocopies
of articles is included. Developed and maintained by Duluth Public
- Duluth Photo Gallery - A collection of old pictures of Duluth,
mostly from postcards.
- Duluth Preservation Alliance - Homepage for the organization whose mission
is "To promote greater appreciation of Duluth's architectural
heritage, and to serve as a source of encouragement and technical
advice for those who have undertaken a restoration project.
- One-stop spot for details and updates about city, county, and
state street improvements.
- "Citizens working for open government and responsible
planning in Duluth."
- Duluth Seaway Port Authority - includes basic facts about the port,
a port services directory, tonnage statistics, press releases,
current and past issues of Port Magazine, and more.
- duluthstreams.org - Easy access to information about Duluth's
42 streams, including history, geology, water quality, biology,
recreation, and human impact.
- Duluth-Superior Metropolitan Bike Map - View or download a map that displays
off-road trails, such as the Willard Munger and Western Waterfront
Trails in Duluth, and the Osaugie and MIllenium Trails in Superior.
The map also identifies signed and unsigned bike routes throughout
the Twin Ports area.
Transit Authority - General
information, fares, schedules, maps, and special services from
- Grandma's Marathon - Race information, entry forms, advice for spectator,
race results, and more.
- Great Lakes Aquarium - Visit America's only All-Freshwater
Aquarium and follow the many links to more information about
the Great Lakes.
- I-35 Construction Project - In phases beginning May 5, 2010, the
State Department of Transportation will repair or replace the
interstate from Boundary Avenue to 26th Avenue East. This is
the official MNDOT website for the project.
- John Beargrease Sled Dog Marathon - Complete information about the annual
420 mile sled dog race that starts and ends in Duluth.
- MapStats (Duluth) - Population, business and geography statistics
about the city of Duluth.
- Minnesota Reflections - Duluth Public
- Atlases, maps, and books that record and reflect the early
history of Duluth and Northeastern Minnesota.
- Northeast Minnesota Historical Center - Information about the regional archives
that are jointly maintained by the University of Minnesota-Duluth
and the St. Louis County Historical Society. Browse
the guide to the collection.
- Oeuvre Magzine
- an arts and literary online publication based in Duluth
Photos of Duluth - Vintage
postcards, photos, and panoramic pictures of Duluth, MN.
- Postcard from a Lynching - Coverage from Minnesota Public Radio
on the anniversary of the lynchings in Duluth. Also includes
links to other resources about the lynching, and the recently-built
- Regional Magazine Index - A guide to articles of regional interest that
appeared in area publications. Developed and maintained by Duluth
Public Library staff.
- Shipping News - Arrival and departure times for ships from the
Duluth and Superior harbors plus other shipping related information.
- Sustainable Twin Ports - dedicated to furthering economic,
environmental, and social sustainability in the Twin Ports and
western Lake Superior region through education, networking, and
Bit Tour of Old Duluth
- War Casualties and P.O.W.s - An index to information published in Duluth
newspapers on some of the military personnel from the Duluth
area who were killed or captured during World War II and the
Korean War. Developed and maintained by Duluth Public Library
- Yahoo!GetLocal- Duluth - lots of local and state links.
City Online - A great
resource designed to celebrate historic Duluth, Western Lake
Superior, and Minnesota's Arrowhead. Features and columns cover
topics such as Duluth's development, architecture, culture, parks,
landmarks, and biographies. Also includes an "Ask the Historian"
column, and a daily "This Day in Duluth" feature.
Duluth Public Library, 520 W. Superior St., Duluth, MN 55802