- Audubon - An excellent North American bird conservation
resource that includes state-by-state information on bird species
that are threatened, endangered, or of special concern, Christmas
Bird Count reports, conservation and political action programs,
and a directory of local chapters.
The Environmental information Portal - "A comprehensive online database that focuses
on the environmental, social and economic trends that shape our
- Endangered Species - Up-to-date lists of endangered animals and plants
in the United States from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
Efficiency and Renewable Energy Network - A searchable directory of "over 600 links
and access to 80,000 documents" relating to energy efficiency
and renewable energy from the U.S. Department of Energy.
- EPA - The
homepage of the United States Environmental Protection Agency.
- National Wildlife Federation - This site covers endangered habitats and animals,
land stewardship, water quality, and wetlands. A section called
Backyard Wildlife Habitat will tell you what you can do where
you live and work.
- Rainforestweb.org - Hundreds of links to information about
rain forests, why they are being destroyed, how they are protected,
and how to help. From the Rainforest Action Network.
- Sierra Club - Information about the organization, including
current issues and links to local chapters. The site is searchable
and has an annotated collection of links to other environmental
resources on the Internet.
- Superfund Program Home Page (EPA) - This site provides detailed information
about the United States' hazardous waste sites including site
descriptions, cleanup, progress, and contacts.
- Sustainable Twin Ports - dedicated to furthering economic,
environmental, and social sustainability in the Twin Ports and
western Lake Superior region through education, networking, and
Duluth Public Library, 520 W. Superior St., Duluth, MN 55802