- American FactFinder - Your source for population, housing, economic,
and geographic data.
- AmeriStat - U.S. population issues, trends, and
statistics, presented in an easy-to-use format. Selected topics
include Marriage and Family, Population Estimates and Projections,
Education, race and Ethnicity, Income and Poverty, Migration,
Foreign-Born Population, Children, Older Population, Political
Arithmetic, Fertility, Labor Force and Employment, and Mortality.
- Consists of computer-generated narratives for states, counties,
metropolitan statistical areas (MSAs), and BEA Economic Areas.
Includes an area's personal income using current estimates, growth
rates, and a breakdown of the sources of personal income.
of Economic Analysis
- Statistics on US domestic production, consumption, and investment
of exports and imports, and of national and domestic income and
- Bureau of Labor Statistics - Links to the most requested series, including
Consumer Price Indexes.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics - Midwest data - Consumer Price Index and more for
- County Business Patterns, Annual survey of Manufacturers, International
Trade Data, Building Permits, and more.
- Childstats.gov - "This web site offers easy access
to federal and state statistics and reports on children and their
families, including: population and family characteristics, economic
security, health, behavior and social environment, and education."
- Datanet is an online information system consisting of summarized
statistical information serving governments, businesses, schools,
nonprofit agencies and citizens. The system contains statistics
about social, economic, economic and demographic conditions in
- Electronic Statistics
Textbook - A searchable,
online statistics textbook with an extensive glossary.
of ED Statistics - Brings
together data from several sources of the National Center for
Education Statistics, including The Condition of Education, The
Digest of Education Statistics, and Projections of Education
- Fedstats: One Stop Shopping Federal Statistics - Statistical information from more
than 70 government agencies organized in a subject-based A to
Market Information (LMI)
- From the Minnesota Workforce Center, statistics on unemployment,
wages, benefits and cost-of-living, employment, job vacancies,
and more. Also includes full-text of the Minnesota Employment
- National Transportation Statistics - Detailed national-level data on the
U.S. transportation system, its economic performance, safety
record, energy use, and environmental impacts.
- NationMaster.com - A massive database of statistics about
countries that allows you to generate your own graphs and maps
and make easy comparisons between countries.
- State and County Quick Facts - Quick access to frequently requested
Census Bureau information at the national, state and county level.
- Statistical Abstract of the United States - Full-text of the current edition as
well as historical editions back to colonial times.
- Statistical Resources on the Web - A comprehensive, annotated directory
of resources for statistics on the web.
- Statistical Sites on the World Wide Web - List of links to federal and international
statistical agencies, maintained by the U.S. Bureau of Labor
- Zipskinny.com - Demographic profile of any U.S. zip
code from the 2000 census report. See how it compares to neighboring
zip codes, or enter up to 20 other zip codes to information about
income level, racial breakdown, education level, unemployment,
Duluth Public Library, 520 W. Superior St., Duluth, MN 55802