Provide delivery services for Duluth Public Library between its various locations.
* 1. Operate a vehicle to transport library materials to various locations.
* 2. Load and unload library materials and supplies.
* 3. Transport library materials and supplies.
* 4. Report incidents involving vehicle, materials, or equipment to supervisor.
5. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. Must be age 18 or older.
1. Possession of a valid MN driver's license or privilege by date of hire and thereafter.
2. Driving record free of moving violations for the past three years.
1. Knowledge of traffic laws and regulations.
2. Knowledge of defensive driving techniques.Knowledge Requirements:
1. Ability to work independently.
2. Ability to frequently bend and stoop, and to occasionally squat, crouch and kneel to perform duties.
3. Ability to lift, load and unload 40-60 containers of library materials that usually weigh 26.5 lbs each but can weigh up to 50 lbs during a three-hour shift.
4. Ability to frequently lift and carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds, such as boxes of books; and to occasionally lift and carry supplies and equipment weighing up to 75 pounds.
5. Ability to push and pull (occasionally up and down small inclines), on varied surfaces including outside on concrete sidewalks and/or parking lots, a loaded delivery cart for distances of 40 feet or more at least six (6) times a day.
6. Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, and the general public.
7. Ability to communicate effectively.
8. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
9. Ability to work a flexible schedule.
*Essential functions of the position
Job requirements necessary on the first day of employment
Duluth Public Library, 520 W. Superior St., Duluth, MN 55802